Easy Pumpkin Pie
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I can smell the stuffing and roasted Turkey already. Getting together and celebrating Thanksgiving has always been a special occasion in our house. My grandma would always host Thanksgiving and boy did she do it right! Her stuffing was out of this world and there was always plenty of Turkey to go around but her Pumpkin Pie was what really stood out.
Pumpkin Pie is essential on Thanksgiving. It is almost as important as the Turkey in our house. I love homemade Pumpkin Pie. No store bought kind for me! If you are coming to our house for Thanksgiving, you will find that none of our dishes are store bought, especially the Pumpkin Pie.
Pumpkin Pie isn’t as hard as you might think. In fact, it’s really simple to make. I always use Judy Kim’s Vodka Pie Crust because it’s the most scrumptious pie crust and it’s so easy to make. Again, we don’t like to use store bought crust but if you don’t have the time to make the crust, there is no judgment here! I know all too well that the holidays can be stressful and time is of the essence when you have family to entertain AND feed!
But one big advantage of making your own pie crust is that you can use the extra dough to make cute leaf cutouts! I got these leaf cutouts on Amazon and they worked perfectly plus they can be used to make cookies and other delicious treats. I always get so many compliments on those little leafs and it’s such an easy way to take your Pumpkin Pie to the next level. I also used my William Sonoma pie pan that says “Baked With Love” on the bottom. It’s my go-to pie pan!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Vodka Pie Crust
- 3 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 15 oz can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 425′ F
- Line your pie pan with your pie crust
- In a medium saucepan, add your butter, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisky continuously and simmer for 5 minutes (don’t bring to a boil)
- Add your pumpkin puree mixture into a mixing bowl or stand mixer
- Add in both sugars, eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix for 5 minutes
- Pour contents into your pie pan and set aside
- Roll out your remaining dough on a floured surface and cut out about 20-25 leafs or enough to fit around the edge of your pan
- Bake for 15 minutes on 425’F then bring down the temp to 325’F and bake for another 40-55 minutes
- Take pie out of the even and let set out for 2-3 hours or until room temp